Date(s) - 04/05/2021
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The North End Neighborhood Council regularly meets on the first Monday each month.
The April 2021 meeting agenda includes a Q&A on the “Home in Tacoma” project with Elliott Barnett from the City’s Planning & Development Services Department. Learn more here:
This meeting will be conducted online via Zoom:
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87366441708…
Meeting ID: 873 6644 1708
More on the Home in Tacoma project from the City website is below – comments are due by Friday, April 9, 2021.
“Help shape the future of housing in Tacoma by commenting on the following proposed actions:
- Allow more housing types throughout Tacoma’s neighborhoods, such as duplexes, triplexes, cottage housing, and in some cases fourplexes and small multifamily housing
- Allow mid-scale multifamily housing in areas close to shopping and transit
- Update design standards so new housing complements the neighborhood
- Strengthen policies and programs to make housing more affordable
- Strengthen anti-racism and anti-displacement policies and programs
The Home In Tacoma Project package includes Comprehensive Plan updates, near-term code updates, an environmental review of potential growth impacts, and a Housing Action Plan to guide implementation over time.”