You guys! “Comp Plan” isn’t a sexy term, but if you have concerns about development in the North End, you have to attend these meetings. Don’t wait for the changes to become reality. Get engaged!
The Planning Commission’s Public Hearing on the City of Tacoma’s Proposed 2015 Annual Amendments includes the following subjects:
- A substantial update to the Comprehensive Plan;
- An in-depth review of the Mixed-Use Centers;
- Regulatory changes to support housing affordability and infill development;
- Various clean-up amendments to the Land Use Regulatory Code; and
- The proposed Narrowmoor Addition Conservation District.
Please note the following important dates:
- Community Informational Session 1, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m., Baker Middle School
- Community Informational Session 2, Thursday, August 13, 2015, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m., Stadium High School
- Planning Commission Public Hearing, Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 5:00 p.m. (meeting beginning at 4:00 p.m.), Council Chambers, Tacoma Municipal Building, 747 Market Street
- Written Comments Submittal Deadline: Friday, August 28, 2015, 5:00 p.m.
You can offer your comments by attending the Community Informational Sessions, testifying at the Public Hearing, or submitting written comments to:
- Letter: Planning Commission, 747 Market Street, Room 345, Tacoma, WA 98402
- E-mail: Planning@cityoftacoma.org
- FAX: (253) 591-5433