Date(s) - 05/19/2018
10:00 am - 1:45 pm
This is a City of Tacoma event happening in the North End area.
Location: UPS Fieldhouse Parking lot at N. 11th St and N. Union St.
Neighborhood Group: Jefferson Block Watch
To Volunteer: CommunityCleanup@cityoftacoma.org
The Community Cleanup Program is partnership between the City and neighborhood groups. The program provides:
- One cleanup opportunity per year to each neighborhood.
- Opportunity for residents and neighborhood groups to come together to take trash out of their neighborhood.
- Dumpsters are delivered to pre-determined designated sites on cleanup day.
- Neighborhood Volunteers and City staff are on site to assist residents during drop off of materials.
- Residents who live in single-family or duplex homes are eligible to participate in the program for FREE. Note: Multi-family units and businesses do not qualify for this service.
Items We Can’t Take at Community Cleanups
- Items from businesses
- Car, motorcycle, camper or boat parts
- Truck canopies, trailers, boats or RV vehicles
- Daily household garbage (Items that go in the kitchen garbage can)
- Animal carcasses
- Roofing/construction material
- Vegetation (always free at the landfill)
- Hazardous waste (always free at the landfill)
2018 Community Cleanup Dates and Locations:
There will be 16 community cleanups in 2018. Find the details of the event in your neighborhood from the City of Tacoma: http://www.cityoftacoma.org/government/city_departments/neighborhood_and_community_services/community_services_division/neighborhood_cleanup_programs